16 Oct IU Ventures Highlights International Innovation at IU Global Startup Showcase
BLOOMINGTON, IN — IU Ventures is proud to announce the successful culmination of the IU Global Startup Showcase, an online event that shone a spotlight on the innovative international companies led by Indiana University (IU) alumni. The virtual event featured the following five exceptional startups, each with strong IU connections, showcasing their groundbreaking work and contributions to various industries.
• OsseoLabs, led by IU alumnus Vikram Ahuja, shared its advancements in the field of orthopedic implants. OsseoLabs’ patented devices are novel surgical instruments and implants that integrate the unique porous architecture to accelerate the bone ingrowth, resulting in a better long-term stability over conventional orthopedic implants. OsseoLabs is headquartered in Bangkok, Thailand.
• REase, led by IU alumnus Harshit Rampuria, is a startup headquartered in Singapore that is revolutionizing real estate technology. Their innovative solutions are streamlining property transactions and enhancing the overall experience for both buyers and sellers.
• Single Source Technologies, led by IU alumnus Fahim Muscatwalla, is a startup headquartered in Canada that provides M&A technology that helps deal teams and advisors better identify and track due diligence risks through a centralized platform.
• Shaun Markus Lee’s Lunchbox Smart POS, headquartered in Singapore, is an open, scalable restaurant solution enabling multi-channel ordering and guest engagement for enterprise operations on a single platform.
• Nino Foods, led by IU alumnus Pranav Mehra, is a food company running cloud kitchens and quick service restaurants. The Y Combinator backed startup is building digital first food brands in the premium space and sub premium space. Some of their brands include – Nino Burgers, Francesco’s Pizzeria, Munchielal and Sons and KHA. With ten current sites, they plan to open 100 more locations in the next 12 months. Nino Foods is headquartered in India.
The IU Global Startup Showcase not only provided these companies with a platform to present their groundbreaking innovations but also highlighted the ongoing commitment of IU alumni to driving positive change across various industries. IU Ventures remains dedicated to supporting and fostering the entrepreneurial spirit of its alumni, showcasing the global reach and impact of the IU community.
About IU Ventures:
IU Ventures invests in and supports IU-affiliated early-stage companies. Its investment programs include the IU Philanthropic Venture Fund, IU Angel Network, Shoebox Fund and Innovate Indiana Fund. It further supports IU founders through the Executive in Residence Program and IU Founders and Funders Network. Student support is provided through a variety of engagements, including the new IU Venture Fellows Program. Each program takes unique approaches to accelerate and support the positive impacts that entrepreneurs affiliated with IU already achieve across the world. IU Ventures is a recognized leader in increasing opportunities for diverse and historically underserved entrepreneurs and investing in Indiana startups with a shared commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.